Saturday 5 April 2014

Product smackdown! Sugarpill mochi vs kiko infinity 264 comparisons



Hi fairies,
Today I’m comparing two eyeshadows I’ve been really loving lately, I’ve been using them both, and I thought it could be useful to compare them and share my opinion with you; I’ve got other similar posts in mind, because there are so many products that are really similar in quality and colors, and sometimes we get lost looking for the right one!
Let’s start with the one I bought first, which is Kiko infinity eyeshadow nr 264 , a slightly satin minty green : it’s not a secret anymore I am a lover and I’m addicted to kiko infinity , I’ve told you in many occasions and I will probably tell you over and over again, but that’s because they really are great! They’re so buttery, so pigmented and the color choice is so wide, you can’t beat that especially in the same price range ( not only in their price range)!


What I like : Nr 264 is one of my favourite colors, I’ve been using it very often, it matches with lots of other shades and I never get tired of trying new color combos! It hasn’t disappointed me yet, it’s a vibrant mint green, it blends effortlessly, it doesn’t get muddy as the day goes by and once applied it looks almost matte even if it’s got a shimmery finish. Here’s some pics of this bad boy in action! For me it is a must have and I highly recommend it.Price is 4.90 € - 6.00 £.


What I don’t like : the only thing I don’t like is it is a bit powdery and there’s a bit of fall out, but it is to be expected with very pigmented colors. I apply eye makeup first, then I get rid of fall out , and I move on to the rest of my face, and problem is solved!


The second product I’m talking about today it is from a brand I’ve been wanting to try for so long I don’t even remember when it started! I had to wait because it was hard to get it, so basically this one and its brothers found their way home just last month: it is sugarpill pressed eyeshadow in Mochi! 

What I like :They don’t need any introduction , that’s how famous they are, I will just say I love its texture , it is very soft and buttery, it blends out beautifully, its color is so rich! It is a matte mint green and when applied it looks silky, it stays on for hours , it doesn’t smudge nor crease and it stays vibrant! Here’s some pics of makeup looks where I used Mochi. Price 11.00 € -8.50 £ 

What I don’t like: just as for the Kiko one, there is a bit of fall out, I would say the same amount, and I solve the problem same way: first eye makeup, then cleaning, then face makeup.


Differences: well, that’s the point: I’ve tried them both, I love them both, they are both pigmented, they both are longlasting and they blend easily,and I’ll post two pics of swatches, I dare you to tell them apart!
Can you tell which is which?
Quality is the same as far as I’m concerned, they are both very good products, but Kiko infinity eyeshadow is half the price! If I have to make my choice or give you a tip on which one to buy, I would say Kiko infinity: why spending more when you can have exactly the same quality for half the price?



Italian version:


Ciao fatine,
Oggi metterò a confronto due ombretti tra i miei preferiti del momento, li sto usando entrambi, e ho pensato che sarebbe stato utile paragonarli e condividere la mia opinione con voi: ho in mentre altri post simili, perché ci sono tanti prodotti simili per colore e qualità, e a volte è facile perdersi mentre cerchiamo quello che fa al caso nostro!
Cominciamo col primo che ho comprato, il kiko infinity eyeshadow nr 264, un verde menta dal finish leggermente satinato: ormai non è più un segreto per nessuno, si sa quanto io ami e quanto sia praticamente dipendente da questi prodotti, ve l’ho detto in più occasioni e credo che lo ripeterò ancora, perché sono veramente degli ottimi ombretti! Sono molto setosi, molto pigmentati, e la scelta di colori è vastissima, nella loro fascia di prezzo ( e non solo) secondo me sono imbattibili!


Cosa mi piace: il colore nr 264 è uno dei miei preferiti, lo sto usando spesso, si abbina a molti altri colori, e non mi stanco mai di provare nuovi abbinamenti! Finora non mi ha mai deluso, è un verde menta brillante, si sfuma con facilità, non perde di intensità col passare delle ore, e anche se nella cialda ha un finish leggermente shimmer , una volta applicato risulta quasi completamente matte. Eccolo in azione in alcune foto! Per me è un prodotto da avere assolutamente, lo consiglio senza riserve! Il prezzo è di 4.90 €-6.00 £.

Cosa non mi piace: l’unico lato leggermente negativo è che è un po’ polveroso, e quindi quando si applica vi andrà a cadere sulle guance, ma con i colori molto pigmentati bisogna aspettarselo. Io risolvo il problema truccando prima gli occhi, poi pulisco gli eventuali residui e passo al trucco viso!

Il secondo prodotto di cui vi parlo è di una marca che volevo provare da così tanto tempo che non mi ricordo nemmeno più quando l’ho scoperta! Ho dovuto aspettare perché non era facilmente reperibile, quindi lui e i suoi fratelli hanno trovato una nuova casa il mese scorso : sto parlando di Sugarpill ombretto pressato in Mochi!


Cosa mi piace: la marca non ha bisogno di introduzioni, è famosissima , posso solo dirvi che adoro la loro consistenza, molto setosa , che l’ombretto si sfuma benissimo e che è saturo di colore! Mochi è un verde menta matte che si stende senza alcuno sforzo, rimane perfetto per ore, non va nelle pieghe, non sbava e non perde di intensità! Ecco alcune foto in cui ho usato Mochi. Il prezzo è di 11.00 € -8.50 £.

Cosa non mi piace: esattamente come per il Kiko è un po’ polveroso, direi tanto quanto il suo rivale, e quindi non si può evitare il fall out. Risolvo il problema allo stesso modo: trucco prima gli occhi, pulisco gli eventuali residui, e passo al trucco viso.


Differenze: e qui veniamo al punto, li ho provati entrambi, sono entrambi pigmentatissimi, si sfumano entrambi con grande facilità, sono entrambi a lunga durata, e vi posto le foto degli swatches: vi sfido a dirmi qual è l’uno e qual è l’altro!
Li sapete distinguere?

Secondo il mio parere la qualità si equivale, ma l’ombretto kiko infinity costa la metà! Se devo scegliere, o se devo consigliarvi , mi oriento verso il kiko infinity : perché spendere di più se si può avere la stessa qualità a metà prezzo?


2 comments:

  1. See I even love the little tips that you add in - first eye makeup, then clean, then makeup. Why didn't I ever think of that?! I'm always having 'fall out' (great term for it btw!) and it drives me crazy, haha! Thank you for the very helpful tip fairy Silvia! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ♥ l love your comments you make me feel like l'm doing a good job! you didn't cuz you probably haven't watched tutorials lol, that's where I've learned that!! :) kisses and hugs!

      Delete

Featured post

World of beauty neroli vivace nuova linea / new line

Hi fairies, I’m very pleased to have the chance to try the new Neroli Vivace line by World of beauty and I’m thrilled to talk about it to...