Wednesday 3 September 2014

One product review Mac lipstick pure heroine



Hi fairies,

As you probably all know Mac has released a limited edition collection in collaboration with the singer Lorde, and the collection features only two products: first one is the penultimate eyeliner, a felt tip liner, and second one is  a lipstick called Pure Heroine. I own Heroine, here you can read my review, and I love it, it’s an amazing color that complements my skin tone really well, I’m very happy I bought it! When I read about Pure Heroine I wasn’t sure it was worth buying it because on the press release photo it seems just a bit darker than Heroine and similar to other dark Mac lipsticks available in the permanent line. I changed my mind though, and I purchased it just because I love purple lipsticks, and because I knew I would have regretted it not to! Today I’ll tell you what I think of this new gem that is now in my lipsticks drawer!
 
original Mac photoshoot

Let’s see how Mac describes their lipsticks: color plus texture for the lips,stands out on the runway. Simmers on the street! What made Mac famous! Finish is amplified.


My opinion:


Texture: it is,just like I’ve written above, an amplified, which means it’s creamy and comfortable but at the same time very longlasting: basically it’s got the pros of a creamy lipstick and of a matte lipstick without the cons! I have to say it is creamy and it slides on my lips easily, it’s not dry when I apply it but, unfortunately, it is a bit patchy and streaky: Heroine gives your lips an even coverage with one coat, Pure Heroine needs a very careful application and most of the time it needs at least two coats. It doesn’t dry my lips and it feels creamy even after wearing it for 4-5 hours.




Color: it is a deeper color than Heroine, a rich dark plum with a warm undertone, and in my opinion the undertone makes it more wearable than dark plums with cold undertone that are almost black; the color it’s not unique as Heroine , but  I like it, even though I think there are similar shades.
 
mac dark heroine/ mac heroine

Lasting power: it lasts long on my lips, 6-7 hours without fading or feathering, but you have to keep in mind all lipsticks last quite long on me. It’s an amplified so it should last longer than a creamy lipstick , even for those of you who have got problems with keeping lipsticks in place. If you drink or eat it will lose the shine but the color will stay in place. 


mac dark heroine/ mac heroine




My verdict: I prefer Heroine over this one, but I love the color nonetheless , I like that it’s not too dark and it doesn’t look too “goth” on my pale skin. It doesn’t apply smoothly but it’s not as difficult as retro mattes, so if you like purples and you’re after limited editions , I wouldn’t skip this one! Price is 21.00 € -19.00 $ for 3g/0.1 US oz.






Italian version:


Ciao fatine,

Come probabilmente tutte sapete Mac ha lanciato una collezione in edizione limitata in collaborazione con la cantante Lorde, e la collezione è composta solo da due prodotti: uno è il penultimate eyeliner, un eyeliner a penna , e il secondo è un rossetto che si chiama Pure Heroine. Io posseggo Heroine, potete leggere la mia recensione completa qui, e mi piace tantissimo,è un colore particolare e sta molto bene con la mia carnagione, sono felicissima di averlo comprato! Quando ho letto dell’uscita di Pure Heroine non ero sicura valesse la pena comprarlo perché dalla foto della campagna pubblicitaria mi sembrava leggermente più scuro di Heroine, e comunque simile ad altri rossetti viola scuro nella linea permanente Mac. Poi però ho cambiato idea, ed ho deciso di prenderlo, perché sono irresistibilmente attratta dalle tonalità di viola, e sapevo che se non l’avessi comprato me ne sarei pentita. Oggi vi dirò cosa penso di questa gemma che è entrata a far parte della mia collezione di rossetti!

original Mac photoshoot

Vediamo come Mac descrive i propri rossetti: colori più texture per le labbra. Il prodotto che ha reso Mac famoso! Distinguiti! La finitura è quella amplified.


La mia opinione:


finitura: è, come avete appena letto, un amplified, il che significa che è cremoso e confortevole ma allo stesso tempo ha un’ottima durata: unisce i pregi dei rossetti cremosi ed opachi senza però averne i difetti! È effettivamente morbido e cremoso, e scivola sulle labbra quando lo si applica, non risulta assolutamente secco; purtroppo però l’applicazione non è uniforme, lascia delle striature e in alcuni punti rilascia meno prodotto: con Heroine basta una sola passata per ottenere un colore pieno ed omogeneo, con Pure Heroine bisogna fare almeno due passate, e bisogna anche prestare attenzione quando lo si stende. Rimane morbido anche dopo 4-5 ore, e non secca, di conseguenza, le labbra.


Colore: è un colore più scuro di Heroine, un viola prugna intenso con sottotono caldo, che lo rende più portabile rispetto ai prugna molto scuri con sottotono freddo, che virano al nero. Non è certamente un colore unico come Heroine, ma mi piace, anche se penso che esistano tonalità simili.

mac dark heroine/ mac heroine


Durata: sulle mie labbra dura molto, circa 6-7 ore senza sbiadire o uscire dai contorni, ma su di me tutti i rossetti durano piuttosto a lungo. Essendo un amplified durerà sicuramente di più dei rossetti dalla finitura cremosa, anche per quelle di voi su cui i rossetti spariscono velocemente. Se mangiate o bevete va via la parte lucida, ma le labbra rimangono colorate. 


Il mio verdetto: preferisco Heroine rispetto a questo rossetto, ma il colore comunque mi piace perché nonostante sia scuro ed intenso non risulta troppo in contrasto con la mia carnagione chiara. L’applicazione è leggermente difficoltosa, ma non quanto quella dei retro matte, quindi se amate i viola e le edizioni limitate vi consiglio di non lasciarvelo sfuggire!  Prezzo 21.00 € -19.00 $ per 3g/0.1 US oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

World of beauty neroli vivace nuova linea / new line

Hi fairies, I’m very pleased to have the chance to try the new Neroli Vivace line by World of beauty and I’m thrilled to talk about it to...