Saturday 13 September 2014

One product review Cinecittà rice powder/ polvere di riso



Hi fairies,
Today’s product is a rice powder that I bought mostly because it reminded me of my teen years, when I used it all the time to keep my skin oil free and it was the best thing on the market for oily skin, before they started selling mattifying powders that are similar to rice powder anyway, in face I think one of the ingredients is rice powder. I’m not talking about last century by the way, I’m talking of just a few years ago!
When I saw it I had to buy it for old times’ sake, even if I hadn’t tried any face products of this brand and I didn’t know if quality was good or not.

Let’s see how it’s described: rice powder is nothing more than powder free powder, light and fine, that doesn’t stratify like compact powder and it will never look cakey. Why is it called rice powder? Because asian women use rice powder to mattify and set their make up, and to lighten their skin a bit. You apply it with a powder brush all over your face, paying more attention on your t zone or wherever you need to keep shine under control. Price 18.00 €.


What I like : l like the fine texture that doesn’t emphasize or enlarge my pores, it applies easily and it sets my makeup pretty well, it stays on longer using this powder. I like that , even if it’s colored, it doesn’t change my foundation shade, it melts in really well. It’s not drying on my skin and it doesn’t feel heavy at all! It doesn’t look cakey as it promises, the result is quite natural. I like that it comes in a jar but there isn’t a sifter: I pick it with a powder brush and l tap off the excess, and in a way I don’t miss having a sifter. It keeps my skin matte for 6-7 hours, which is a good result for my skin type.

What l don’t like: not having a sifter makes the application a bit messy, no matter how careful l am, and l don’t like that especially when l’m in a rush. This powder looks quite good when you apply a thin layer, but it can look extremely cakey if you overdo even a tiny bit, that means you can’t make a mistake or you’ll look like a plastic doll! It does stratify, indeed! It also goes into fine lines and pores when you apply a bit more than it’s needed. 


My verdict: it’s not a powder I would repurchase because there are others I like more, but it’s pretty good for the price and , once you get familiar with it and you pick just a tiny bit of it, it keeps your skin shine free all day.




Italian version:

Ciao fatine,
Il prodotto di cui vi parlo oggi è una polvere di riso che ho comprato principalmente perché mi ha portato indietro nel tempo, a quando ero adolescente e la usavo per mantenere la mia pelle opaca, ed era il prodotto migliore sul mercato per chi aveva la pelle grassa, perché ancora non vendevano le polveri opacizzanti che ci sono oggi e che , in fondo, sono simili alla polvere di riso: in molte polveri è uno degli ingredienti. Vorrei precisare che non sto parlando del secolo scorso, parlo di pochi anni fa!
Non appena l’ho vista ho deciso di comprarla, pur non avendo provato nessun altro prodotto per il viso di questa marca e non sapendo se fosse di buona qualità oppure no.




Vediamo come viene descritta: La polvere di riso, poco conosciuta, non è altro che cipria in polvere libera, leggerissima e finissima, che non stratifica come le polveri compatte e quindi non risulterà mai troppo polverosa sul viso.perchè si chiama polvere di riso? richiama l'uso delle donne orientali di usare farina di riso, impalpabile e bianchissima per rendere la propria pelle chiara come la porcellana. Con un piumino si stende sul viso, insistendo sui punti in cui la pelle è più grassa, come centro della fronte, naso e mento. Prezzo 18.00 €

Cosa mi piace: mi piace la consistenza finissima che non va ad enfatizzare i pori né ad ingrandirli,si stende facilmente e fissa il trucco a lungo. Mi piace che, sebbene sia colorata , non va ad alterare la tonalità del fondotinta ma si fonde perfettamente con la pelle. Non secca la pelle, e non è pesante, fa quello che promette ed infatti regala un aspetto naturale! Mi piace la confezione in barattolo, senza dosatore: io la prelevo con un pennello per polveri libere e poi elimino il prodotto in eccesso, e devo dire che per alcuni versi non sento la mancanza di un dosatore.mantiene la mia pelle opaca per circa 6-7 ore, che è un buon risultato per me.


Cosa non mi piace: non avere l’applicatore rende l’applicazione un po’ complicata, perché per quanto si possa prelevare poco prodotto, ce ne sarà sempre una parte che cadrà, e questo , soprattutto quando si va di fretta, è veramente antipatico. Il risultato che si ottiene applicandone uno strato sottile è buono e naturale, ma se se ne applica un po’ più del necessario risulta estremamente polverosa, va ad ingrandire i pori e ad enfatizzare le rughette d’espressione, praticamente stratifica moltissimo!

Il mio verdetto: non la ricomprerei , ci sono polveri opacizzanti con cui mi trovo meglio, però per il prezzo che ha la ritengo un prodotto abbastanza valido , e una volta che si è capito quanto prodotto serve , il risultato è buono, opacizza tutto il giorno e vi dà un aspetto naturale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

World of beauty neroli vivace nuova linea / new line

Hi fairies, I’m very pleased to have the chance to try the new Neroli Vivace line by World of beauty and I’m thrilled to talk about it to...