Saturday 20 September 2014

eye makeup look "remember the time" : the 80's



Hi fairies,
Today we’re going back to the 80’s! makeup was very bright and shimmery: there were some blushes or face powders full of tiny glitters that weren’t use as highlighters like we do today, but all over the face. As for eye shadows , colors were in, and there were neon colors, or bright shimmery colors, and they were usually applied to the browbone or they just stopped below that! Colored mascara and liners were in as well. Blushes had to be bold, they were applied from the temple all the way down the cheekbones, and the most popular colors were orange shades or brown shades. As for lipsticks , matte were in but shiny lipgloss was in as well, it was a matter of personal preference. Makeup brushes weren’t as common as they are now, they didn’t even sell them like they do now.
I used a bright pink all over my lid and I went past my natural crease ,and I also extended it towards my temples; I applied a deeper pink in the outer corner to give more depth to the look. I applied an orange around the edges to blend it out, because neon colors were so cool in the 80’s, the more neon the better! I then used a sheer yellow as highlight. I lined my waterline with a bright turquoise pencil, and I set it with a pigment of the same shade. That’s it, I hope you like it!





Italian version:

Ciao fatine,
Oggi torniamo indietro nel tempo, fino agli anni 80! Il trucco era caratterizzato da colori accesi e brillanti: si usavano anche alcuni blush o ciprie che erano piene di glitter finissimi, ma non venivano applicate come illuminanti così come facciamo oggi, bensì su tutto il viso. Come ombretti sicuramente possiamo dire che i colori erano di tendenza, ed in genere si applicavano fino alle sopracciglia o poco sotto! Si usavano molto anche i mascara e gli eyeliner colorati. I blush si applicavano dalla tempia e seguivano il contorno dello zigomo, e dovevano essere molto visibili, di solito i colori preferiti erano gli arancioni e i marroni. Come rossetti invece, erano molto in voga sia quelli opachi che i lucidalabbra, era una questione di gusto personale. I pennelli per il trucco non erano diffusi come lo sono oggi, non erano proprio venduti nei negozi, solo quelli di base per il blush e un paio per gli occhi.
Io ho usato un rosa fucsia molto intenso su tutta la palpebra mobile,e  l’ho sfumato oltrepassando la piega dell’occhio, e l’ho anche allungato verso le tempie; ho usato un rosa ancora più intenso nell’angolo esterno per dare profondità allo sguardo. Per sfumare i contorni ho usato dell’arancione,p erché i colori neon erano amatissimi e più erano meglio era! Come illuminante ho usato un giallo satinato. Ho poi applicato una matita turchese nella rima esterna ed interna dell’occhio, e l’ho fissata con un pigmento dello stesso colore. È tutto, spero vi piaccia!



Products used:

benefit stay don’t stray eye primer

makeup forever star powder nt 951

sugarpill pressed eye shadow in dollipop

kiko loose pigment eyeshadow nr16

kiko loose pigment eye shadow nr 14

kiko kohl pencil nr 110

about face loose pigment in trophy wife

Maybelline mascara the falsies

Urban decay liquid liner perversion in black

2 comments:

  1. I want the 80's back :D
    Stunning look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so do l ! thank you, I'm planning an 80's icons series, I hope you'll like it!

      Delete

Featured post

World of beauty neroli vivace nuova linea / new line

Hi fairies, I’m very pleased to have the chance to try the new Neroli Vivace line by World of beauty and I’m thrilled to talk about it to...