Friday 25 July 2014

One product review :sephora nail polish cotton candy effect



Hi fairies,
As you all know I’m a nail polish addicted , I can’t get enough of them in fact I better don’t say how many I’ve already got! No matter how many I own already, no matter how many storage boxes I need, I’m always on the hunt for new and more colors and textures! When I saw the sephora cotton candy nail polish effect I had to try it, I couldn’t leave it there , it wasn’t even an option! I love cotton candy, it immediately reminds me of when I was a child and I went to amusement parks, and to be honest I still buy cotton candy when I’m at amusement park, in fact I think next time I’m going to wear this nail polish to match my favourite amusement park’s treat!


Let’s see how it’s described: new color hit effect that reminds the texture of cotton candy… the famous Sephora mini size nail polishes in wonderful pastel shades with a new amazing finish! It comes in four shades, white, pink, blue and lilac. Price 4.90 € 6.90 $ for 5ml – 0.16 oz


What I like : the brush is flat and thick and it allows an even application, and as the nail polish itself is on the liquid side , having a good brush helps . I like the texture because they came up with an unique and original one, that isn’t like sugar effect nail polishes as one could think at first ; I’ve got two colors, pink and blue , and they are very sheer and light as you can see in the pic: I usually apply three coats to get a bit of color but they’re almost white with a pink or pastel blue iridescence to it, so it’s good for a very natural look and for a quick mani that will look cute , romantic , girly and fresh! They both last quite long, they don’t chip easily and I like that too. It’s hard to describe their finish because it’s one of a kind, it almost looks like when you go to sleep and your nail polish is not completely dry and you’ll get fine lines, wrinkles, all over your nails, but better, it’s that finish but it’s pretty to look at ! there are very fine glitters that show up when light hits your nails in a very subtle way, I like that a lot!


What I don’t like : as I was saying it is very sheer and liquid, I need three coats to get an even application and a good coverage, and after that it still looks see through and I can see where my nail tips start which is a no no for me, but used it as a background color for nail arts where I go over the tip of my nails with more colors is alright. I think they’re really too light , I understand they’re pastel colors but pastel can be pigmented , they’re not necessarily translucent : I would have liked them to have a better color pay off, because it’s quite hard to say which is which as you can see from swatches.


My verdict: I like the cotton candy texture and how it looks on my nails, very ethereal and fairy like, and even though they’re not among my favourite nail polishes I like to wear them for a change, so I have to give them the seal of approval! 



Italian version: 

Ciao fatine,
Come ormai tutte saprete ho una passione sfrenata per gli smalti, non ne ho mai abbastanza, infatti è meglio che non confessi il numero totale della mia collezione! Non importa quanti colori abbia né quante scatole mi servano per conservarli, sono sempre alla ricerca di nuovi colori e finiture! Capite quindi che quando ho visto , da Sephora, gli smalti con effetto zucchero filato, non ho saputo resistere ed ho dovuto provarli! Quando sento nominare lo zucchero filato la mia mente fa immediatamente un salto indietro nel tempo, a quando, da bambina, andavo al luna park, e ad essere sincera ancora adesso lo compro , ogni volta che vado ad un parco divertimenti, non posso farne a meno!e sapete che vi dico? La prossima volta metterò questo smalto, per abbinarlo proprio allo zucchero filato!

Vediamo come viene descritto: Nuovo effetto Color Hit che ricorda la deliziosa consistenza dello zucchero filato… I famosi mini smalti Sephora si declinano in nuove tonalità pastello con questo effetto inedito! Disponibile in quattro colori, bianco, rosa, lilla e blu. Prezzo 4.90 € 6.90 $ per 5ml – 0.16 oz

Cosa mi piace: il pennello è piatto e fitto , e permette un’applicazione precisa, cosa molto importante quando uno smalto ha una consistenza abbastanza liquida come questo. Mi piace la finitura, perché è originale ed unica, almeno io non ne conosco altri simili, e non somiglia affatto a quella effetto sabbia come si potrebbe pensare in un primo momento; io ho preso due colori, il rosa ed il blu, e sono entrambi molto trasparenti come potete vedere nella foto, infatti io di solito faccio tre passate per ottenere un colore abbastanza uniforme e pieno: nonostante questo però, risultano comunque molto chiari , sembrano quasi bianchi con leggeri riflessi rosa o blu , quindi direi che vanno benissimo per una manicure veloce, poco impegnativa e molto fresca e romantica! La durata è buona per entrambi, non si sbeccano e non si rovinano. È difficile descrivere l’effetto che si ottiene sulle unghie, sembra quasi che siate andate a dormire con lo smalto non completamente asciutto e le lenzuola abbiano lasciato impresse quelle linee sottili, ecco direi che più o meno è così ma molto più carino, delicato e definito! Inoltre hanno all’interno dei glitter finissimi tono su tono, che si vedono a seconda della luce, veramente discreti ma che gli danno quel tocco in più!

Cosa non mi piace: come stavo dicendo è molto trasparente e liquido, anche dopo tre passate si vede ancora l’unghia,e questo a me non piace, però usato come base per nail art ,dove poi applico altri colori e vado a coprire parte dell’unghia  , non mi dispiace affatto! Secondo me i colori sono troppo chiari, è vero che sono colori pastello, ma questo non vuol dire che non possano essere pigmentati e debbano risultare quasi bianchi, avrei preferito delle tonalità un po’ più intense. Come vedete dalle foto è quasi impossibile distinguerli!


Il mio verdetto: mi piace l’effetto zucchero filato sulle unghie, risulta molto etereo e fiabesco, ed anche se hanno dei difetti che mi impediscono di metterli tra i miei preferiti, mi piace indossarli ogni tanto, per cambiare un po’, quindi li promuovo!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

World of beauty neroli vivace nuova linea / new line

Hi fairies, I’m very pleased to have the chance to try the new Neroli Vivace line by World of beauty and I’m thrilled to talk about it to...