Thursday 5 June 2014

One product review: the porefessional by Benefit



Hi fairies,
Today’s product is, for me,one of my holy grail products, something I can’t live without, something absolutely needed for a flawless make up: I’m talking of a face primer, a product I’ve only recently started to use, it’s been about one year or so, but now I wonder how l did it till then! Well, face primers didn’t even exist ten years ago , I think they were known and used only by makeup artists, we sure didn’t know what they were and they didn’t sell them in shops, that’s how we managed: what we didn’t know couldn’t hurt us so to speak!
In my opinion a good face primer makes a huge difference on how the whole makeup looks, it really wipes away years from your face, it erases tiny wrinkles and it minimizes pores, it is a god sent wonder!
There are many good ones on the market, from drugstore ones to high end ones, and today I’m going to talk about the Porefessional by Benefit as I’ve been using for more than four months along with others.

Let’s see how it’s described: Quickly minimize the appearance of pores & fine lines for smoother-than-smooth skin! Apply this silky, lightweight balm alone, under or over makeup. Translucent, oil-free formula complements all skintones and helps makeup stay put. Contains a Vitamin E derivative, known to protect skin from free radicals.
To use under makeup: Apply to clean, lightly moisturized skin. Pat on problem areas & blend with fingertips.

To use over makeup
: Pat on lightly over makeup & blend.
Price 31.00 $ - 25.00 € for 22 ml /0.75 us fl. Oz


What I like: it’s got a silky texture , you can immediately feel it when you touch it, and as soon as you put it on your skin it works wonder: it’s like using an eraser, your pores will look smaller, your fine lines will disappear, your skin will be like a perfect new canvas ready for any kind of makeup! It helps my skin, which is oily, stay matte for at least 7-8 hours, it gives my face a smooth appearance that is absolutely gorgeous! The effect isn’t subtle, it’s strikingly noticeable, and once you get used to your skin looking young and healthy l dare you to apply foundation on your bare skin! You’ll immediately notice the difference and you will never forget to apply it, it’s addictive! Should I mention how cute packaging is? I don’t buy because of packaging, but it sure is nice to look at!
You need a pea size for the whole face, and anyway I put it on my t zone mostly, not all over where it’s not needed.

What I don’t like: it’s silicone based and the texture  has got that silicone –plasticky feeling, so if you don’t like it this is not the right primer for you; I don’t get the feeling it doesn’t let my skin breathe, l forget it’s on once I pat it in, but it might feel if you’re used to very light foundations or mineral ones. As much as it works amazingly well at minimizing pores and at mattifying skin, it doesn’t make a huge difference in terms of how long my make up lasts, it’s about the same with or without it.


My verdict: I like it and it’s a must have to minimize pores. It’s not cheap but in my opinion it’s worth the money, it does what it says and it will give you a flawless look, a young and healthy looking skin and it will keep shine at bay! I haven’t found a better face primer so far, it is my favourite and I recommend it, but I will keep trying new ones and I’ll keep you updated!







Italian version:

Ciao fatine,
Il prodotto di cui vi parlo oggi è, per me, indispensabile, non ne posso fare a meno per ottenere un makeup perfetto: è il face primer, la base viso, un prodotto che ho iniziato ad usare da poco più di un anno, ed ora mi chiedo come abbia fatto a vivere senza!diciamo che dieci anni fa non si sapeva nemmeno cosa fosse una base viso, credo che solo i truccatori la usassero e ne fossero a conoscenza, mentre nei negozi non si trovavano e nemmeno si cercavano, ecco come ho fatto a stare senza: ne ignoravo l’esistenza!
secondo me una buona base viso fa la differenza nella resa di qualsiasi tipo di trucco, cancella via dal volto diversi anni, minimizza i pori e nasconde le rughette, insomma è una vera e propria benedizione!
Ne trovate di tutti i tipi e prezzi, da quelli più economici a quelli di alta profumeria, ma io oggi voglio parlarvi del the Porefessional di Benefit, dal momento che lo sto usando da più di quattro mesi, alternato ad altri, e mi sento pronta a darvi la mia opinione!

vediamo come viene descritto: il balsamo professionale per ridurre i pori dilatati. Benefit ha formulato proprio il prodotto che ci voleva per restringere i pori, che saranno tanto piccoli da sembrare invisibili! Leggero  e non grasso, darà al tuo viso un finish vellutato. Può essere usato come base oppure sopra il makeup, tamponato sulle zone interessate.


Cosa mi piace: ha una consistenza setosa che si percepisce immediatamente al tatto, e una volta applicato sul viso fa miracoli: è come usare una gomma da cancellare, i pori risultano visibilmente ridotti, le rughe di espressione spariscono, la vostra pelle è come una tela pronta per qualsiasi tipo di makeup! Mi aiuta a mantenere la mia pelle, che è grassa, opaca per almeno 7-8 ore, mi dà, in generale, un aspetto più liscio e compatto veramente fantastico! L’effetto si nota molto, e una volta abituate a questo risultato è difficile tornare indietro ed applicare il fondotinta direttamente sulla pelle, senza alcuna base, diventa praticamente impossibile farne a meno! Vogliamo parlare poi della confezione? Io non compro in base a quest’ultima, ma è sicuramente piacevole guardarla! Ne serve una piccola quantità, da applicare solo dove serve e non su tutto il viso.


Cosa non mi piace: è a base di silicone ed ha quella consistenza tipica dei prodotti che lo contengono, quindi se non amate questo tipo di finitura non fa per voi. A me non dà la sensazione di non far respirare la pelle, una volta che l’ho applicato mi dimentico di averlo, ma se siete abituate ad usare fondotinta molto leggeri o minerali potreste notare la differenza. È veramente ottimo nel minimizzare i pori e le imperfezioni, ma non ho notato un cambiamento rilevante per quanto riguarda la durata del trucco viso: è più o meno la stessa, sia con che senza questo primer.


Il mio verdetto: mi piace ed è irrinunciabile per minimizzare l’aspetto dei pori. Non è sicuramente economico, ma secondo me vale quello che costa perché fa ciò che promette, vi regala un aspetto impeccabile, sano e fresco, e mantiene la pelle opaca! Finora non ho trovato un primer migliore, quindi lo consiglio, ma continuerò a provarne altri di sicuro!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

World of beauty neroli vivace nuova linea / new line

Hi fairies, I’m very pleased to have the chance to try the new Neroli Vivace line by World of beauty and I’m thrilled to talk about it to...