Sunday 1 June 2014

One product review : kiko exotic shine lipstick life in rio collection



Hi fairies,
Today I want to show you one of my latest purchase, a lipstick from the Life in Rio limited edition collection by Kiko, the exotic shine lipstick! I got one color so far, nr 05 original magenta, but nr 04 is on my wish list so I might buy it soon; the exotic shine line comes in  six shades , there is a pretty orange shade , nr 03 opulent papaya that would look good on darker skin tones in my opinion.

01 Hearty Rose
02 Attractive Papaya
03 Opulent Coral
04 Amazon Red
05 Original Magenta
06 Voluptuous Pink

Let’s see how it’s described by Kiko: creamy stylo lipstick with intense colour and an extra shiny finish. The innovative formula, enriched with special waxes and pigments, combines the ease of application and intensity of a lipstick, the shine of a gloss and the comfort of a lip balm. The performance of three products are combined in a single lipstick. Lips are enhanced by a high percentage of pigments allowing for an intense, shimmering colour from the very first application. Application is pleasant thanks to the special, carefully selected waxes and ultra light powders. An enveloping, comfortable layer of product is released without dulling the ultra shine effect.


What I like : I like the color range, very summery and bright, it reminds me of summer fruits like strawberry, papaya, mango and watermelon, and I think names are very fitting! Color range can complement different skin tones, from lighter to darker ones, and they’re particularly good with tanned complexion.
At first I thought they were very sheer, similar to gloss texture, and I decided not to buy any, but when I swatched them I realized I had the wrong impression: they are shiny but they are very pigmented, that’s why I changed my mind and I bought one. I like how soft they are and how shiny they are, I also like they’re not sticky like lipgloss and they don’t smudge. I wear them with a lip pencil but they’re not too creamy. I’ve got the nr 05, a strawberry red, I like that it stays shiny for hours and I like how it doesn’t fade ; it lasts quite long considering it’s not a matte.it doesn’t feel dry on your lips, it’s basically a very pigmented lipstick with a glossy finish, it doesn’t smudge, it’s not sticky and when it dries it gives you that feeling you’ve got with lip stains, even though it’s not as long lasting. Price 7.50 € - 8.50 £ for 3gr.

What I don’t like : even though it’s not remotely close to a lip gloss texture , it is a bit sticky and I don’t like it because my hair never fails to get stuck on my lips with these kind of lipstick, and it’s very annoying to me. Considering it’s described as a combination of a lip gloss, lip balm and lipstick I can’t complain about how long it lasts, on my lips it stays on around 4 hours before starting fading out.


My verdict: I recommend them, they are perfect for summer, easy to wear, comfortable, they come in juicy and summery colors , they make dark complexions pop, they’re not expensive and they’re fun! What’s not to love about them?!


Italian version:

Ciao fatine,
Oggi vi voglio mostrare uno dei miei ultimi acquisti, un rossetto della collezione Kiko Life in Rio, un exotic shine lipstick! Per ora ho preso solo un colore, il nr 05 original magenta, ma il nr 04 mi piace molto ed è nella lista dei cosmetici che desidero, probabilmente lo comprerò; ci sono sei colori, tra cui un bellissimo arancio , il nr 03 opulent papaya che, secondo me, sta benissimo a chi ha la pelle scura , o con l’abbronzatura.
Di seguito tutte le tonalità presenti:
 

01 Hearty Rose
02 Attractive Papaya
03 Opulent Coral
04 Amazon Red
05 Original Magenta
06 Voluptuous Pink



Vediamo come li descrive Kiko: rossetto cremoso in stylo dal colore intenso e finish ultra brillante. La formula innovativa, arricchita di speciali cere e pigmenti, coniuga l’intensità e la facilità di applicazione di un rossetto, la brillantezza di un gloss e il comfort di un balsamo labbra. Le performance di tre prodotti sono racchiuse in un unico rossetto. Le labbra sono sublimate da un’elevata percentuale di pigmenti che consente di ottenere un colore intenso e scintillante sin dalla prima passata. L’effetto è luminoso e seducente. Grazie a speciali cere accuratamente selezionate e a polveri ultra leggere, la stesura è piacevole e rilascia un film avvolgente, cremoso e confortevole sulle labbra senza intaccare l’effetto ultra shiny.

Cosa mi piace: mi piace la gamma di colori, così estivi e brillanti, ricordano i frutti estivi come le fragole, la papaia, il mango e l’anguria, credo che i nomi siano del tutto appropriati! Ci sono colori che esaltano ogni tipo di carnagione, dalle più chiare alle più scure, e sono particolarmente indicati per una pelle abbronzata o naturalmente scura.

Quando sono usciti ho pensato che avessero un finish trasparente, simile ai gloss, ed avevo deciso di non comprarli, ma poi quando li ho provati mi sono resa conto che la mia idea iniziale era completamente sbagliata: sono lucidi, ma sono anche molto pigmentati, ecco perché ne ho comprato, per ora , uno. Mi piace la loro morbidezza e lucentezza, mi piace anche che non siano appiccicosi come i gloss e che non sbavino. Io applico comunque una matita labbra, ma la consistenza permetterebbe anche di farne a meno. Il colore che ho scelto è il nr 05, un rosso fragola, e mi piace il fatto che rimane brillante a lungo e che , considerando il finish così brillante, non sbiadisce velocemente. Non secca le labbra, praticamente è un rossetto molto pigmentato dal finish lucido, non troppo appiccoso e che, una volta seccato, sulle labbra vi dà una sensazione simile a quella delle tinte per labbra, anche se dura un po’ meno di queste ultime. Prezzo 7.50 € - 8.50 £ per 3gr.

Cosa non mi piace: anche se non è assolutamente paragonabile ad un lucidalabbra per quanto riguarda la finitura, è comunque leggermente appiccicoso e a me questo non piace, i miei capelli rimangono puntualmente attaccati alle labbra quando c’è un po’ di vento, ed è una cosa che odio! Per essere descritto come la combinazione di rossetto, lucidalabbra e balsamo labbra ha una buona durata, sulle mie labbra dura circa 4 ore prima di cominciare a sbiadire.

Il mio verdetto: li consiglio, sono perfetti per l’estate, facili da portare, brillanti, confortevoli sulle labbra, i colori sono molto accesi e con l’abbronzatura danno il meglio di sé, sono economici e divertenti! Sono un must have per la stagione secondo me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

World of beauty neroli vivace nuova linea / new line

Hi fairies, I’m very pleased to have the chance to try the new Neroli Vivace line by World of beauty and I’m thrilled to talk about it to...