Saturday 14 June 2014

Cupcake nail art



Hi fairies,
Today I baked strawberry cupcakes and they turned out to be delicious; while I was eating one of them I got inspired for this nail art and I thought it was perfect for the mood I was in! I went ahead and painted my nails with a purple gradient, and then I applied a coat of purple glitter nail polish because I love sparkles and because it helps defusing any harsh lines. I used acrylic paints for painting cupcakes, I think I should have first painted them in white and then filled them to make them stand out more, next time I’ll do that! In the past I painted them just the way I did today and they looked more defined, I think it was because the background was painted in a different color; anyway this is the result, I hope you like it!





Italian version:

Ciao fatine,
Oggi ho preparato dei cupcakes alla fragola che sono venuti proprio bene; mentre ne mangiavo uno mi è venuta l’ispirazione per questa nail art, che era appropriata al tema della giornata! Mi sono subito messa al lavoro e ho usato tre tonalità di viola per creare lo sfondo su tutta l’unghia, che poi ho completato con una passata di smalto con glitter viola, perché come sapete li adoro, e anche perché aiuta ad uniformare i colori ed eliminare eventuali linee troppo nette. Per i cupcakes ho usato i colori acrilici, e mi sono resa conto che avrei dovuto prima dipingere la sagoma in bianco e poi riempirla per farle risaltare di più, la prossima volta farò così! Quando avevo realizzato lo stesso tema, in passato, i cupcakes erano più definiti, credo dipenda dal colore usato per lo sfondo: in ogni caso questo è il risultato, spero vi piaccia!



Products used:

Kiko 3 in 1 shine fortifying base and top coat

Kiko nail polish nr 330

China glaze nail polish nr cgx233 in spontaneous

Kiko nail polish nr 234

Americana acrylic paint in brown, yellow, white, red, green, blue


a little bonus, my cupcakes just out of the oven :)

 

2 comments:

  1. complimenti :) molto originali!
    se vuoi passa dal mio blog (che ho aperto da poco) http://unghiecolori.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ti ringrazio molto, e passo subito dal tuo blog!

      Delete

Featured post

World of beauty neroli vivace nuova linea / new line

Hi fairies, I’m very pleased to have the chance to try the new Neroli Vivace line by World of beauty and I’m thrilled to talk about it to...