Friday 30 May 2014

all good things come to an end aka may empties



Hi fairies,
Another month has gone by , so fast, and here we are, ready to go through may empties!
I’ve run through quite a few products in may  and I’m quite happy about it, but let’s get started without further ado!


First product I’ve run out of is The Body Shop chamomile gentle eye make up remover, my favourite of all time, I talked about it here with my full review if you want to know a bit more about this eye make up remover; I’ve already replaced it and , in my opinion, it is the best one for quality price ratio. It is gentle yet it removes any kind of makeup, from very pigmented eyeshadows to clumpy mascaras, and you only need a pea size of it!


Let’s move on to body butters: I went through two of them this month, the ginger sparkle and vanilla bliss ones, both Christmas limited editions, both sweet and with a heavenly scent! As I said last month if you haven’t tried The Body Shop body butters it is time to do that, I promise you won’t be disappointed even if you’ve got a very dry skin! 


Another skin care product I use every day is shea butter: I use it on my elbows and feet daily, I use it for hair deep conditioning mixed with coconut oil, jojoba oil or olive oil, I also use it on my lips and on my eye contour area weekly, basically I can’t live without it! This month I used flora shea butter, a gift from my best friend, and I really like it, it’s scent free, it’s organic, it’s 100% pure and I’m definitely repurchase it.


Last skin care product for this month is the body shop almond hand and nail cream, a hand cream l reviewed here and definitely one of my favourite because it isn’t greasy, it gets absorbed fast, it leaves my hands soft and it smells very good! What’s not to love about it?!


I’ve finished some makeup products as well, first one is an old Kiko lip gloss , night light lip gloss: if I’m not mistaken it came out with some limited edition I don’t remember about, and it’s a nice fuchsia full of multicolor glitters. It is almost holographic , it’s not very sticky on your lips and it lasts quite long to be a lipgloss. I’m not a fan of lip gloss though, I bought it just because it was very glittery and I couldn’t resist, but it took me ages to use it all! I used it on top of lipsticks often, or on its own for a more natural look.


I’ve also run out of Too faced shadow insurance, eye shadow primer: it lasted around 4 years and I used it almost every day, it’s definitely worth the money! I like it but now I’m using the Urban Decay primer potion, just for a change!


Another product I ran out of it’s a Deborah Milano concealer, 24 hours perfect nr 02 light rose: it is a stick concealer I bought months ago at a drugstore without expecting too much out of it,  but in all honesty it’s quite good. It doesn’t smudge, it’s a medium coverage and it doesn’t crease. 


I’ve got two Benefit mini sizes from the Prmping with the stars kit, stay don’t stray and the porefessional. I love them both and I purchased the full size , to me the Porefessional does what it says and it’s a must have : I can’t do my base without a good primer that minimizes my pores and gives my face an airbrush finish, and I love this one!
same thing for stay don’t stray, it works very well as eye primer for me, even better than the too faced shadow insurance because eyeshadows stick to it beautifully and colors pop, and I like it as concealer or concealer base on my under eye area because it smoothes my skin and it prevents concealer from creasing or going into fine lines.



I’ve gotten rid of an old, we could say vintage,face powder, the body shop gold sparkle dust: it was a fine gold powder you could use as highlighter on your face and body, I really like it because there weren’t any chunky glitter in it but it gives your skin a beautiful glow and shimmer and it didn’t look tacky at all. Unfortunately they don’t sell it anymore, but I can’t complain as this one has lasted for years!


Last product for this month is an OPI nail polish, OPI ink nl 851: it is one of the first OPI I bought, so it must be 6-7 years old, but it was still as good as new! I love the colour, a gorgeous dark purple filled with blue, purple and silver fine glitters! 

That’s it for this month, see you next month with more products!

Italian version:

Ciao fatine,
 È già passato un altro mese, ed eccomi qui pronta a mostrarvi i prodotti finiti! Questo mese ne ho terminati parecchi, e sono contenta, ma senza ulteriori indugi direi di andare immediatamente a vederli!

Il primo prodotto che ho finito è lo struccatore occhi delicato alla camomilla di The Body Shop, il mio preferito, che ho recensito , e di cui non mi dilungherò a parlare : se volete saperne di più potete leggere la mia opinione qui. Ne sto già usando una nuova confezione, per me è il migliore per il rapporto qualità prezzo, e poi ne serve veramente pochissimo per rimuovere perfettamente qualsiasi tipo di trucco, dagli ombretti super pigmentati ai mascara tubolari, insomma non potrei farne a meno!



Passiamo ai burri corpo: questo mese ne ho usati due, quello allo zenzero brioso e quello all’estasi di vaniglia, entrambi edizioni limitate natalizie, entrambi con un profumo dolce e che crea dipendenza! Come vi ho detto il mese scorso, se non avete ancora provato i burri corpo di The Body Shop vi consiglio di farlo: non vi deluderanno, anche se avete la pelle molto secca!


Un altro prodotto per la cura della pelle che uso quotidianamente è il burro di karitè: lo uso sui gomiti e talloni, lo uso mischiato all’olio di cocco, all’olio di jojoba o di oliva per nutrire i miei capelli in profondità, lo uso una volta a settimana sulle labbra e sul contorno occhi per mantenerli elastici ed idratati, praticamente non ne posso fare a meno!Questo mese ho usato quello della Flora, un regalo della mia migliore amica, ed è naturale, organico , senza profumo e puro al 100% . mi ci sono trovata bene e credo che lo ricomprerò.


L’ultimo prodotto di skin care del mese è la crema mani e unghie alla mandorla di The Body shop, di cui potete leggere la recensione qui. E’ sicuramente una crema mani che amo perché, pur non essendo grassa e assorbendosi velocemente, lascia le mie mani morbide ed idratate a lungo, ed in più ha anche un buonissimo profumo! Come si fa a non  amarla?!


Passiamo al makeup, e cominciamo con un vecchio lucidalabbra Kiko, il night light lipgloss : se non ricordo male uscì con un’edizione limitata ( ma non so dirvi quale) , ed è un bel fucsia glitterato. L’effetto sulle labbra è quasi olografico, non ha una consistenza particolarmente appiccicosa e dura anche abbastanza a lungo per essere un lucidalabbra. Io non li amo molto , questo l’ho comprato perché non ho resistito ai glitter, ma finirlo è stata un’impresa! L’ho usato spesso sopra i rossetti, o da solo per un look molto naturale.

Ho finito anche il too faced shadow insurance che avevo da circa 4 anni e che usavo quasi tutti i giorni: vale decisamente il prezzo che costa visto che è praticamente infinito! Io mi ci trovo bene, anche se adesso sono passata al primer potion di Urban Decay, più che altro per cambiare!


prossimo prodotto finito è un correttore in stick di Deborah Milano , 24 hours perfect nr 02 light rose: l’ho comprato mesi fa e , a dire il vero, non mi aspettavo una buona resa, invece sono stata smentita perché, tutto sommato, fa il suo lavoro. Non va nelle pieghette, ha una durata media, non si muove ed ha una coprenza buona.

Ho finito due minitaglie di Benefit che erano nel kit Primping with the stars , the porefessional e stay don’t stray. Mi sono trovata bene con entrambi e li ho ricomprati in full size, per quanto riguarda il the porefessional fa quello che dice ed è un prodotto a cui ormai non posso rinunciare: è impensabile per me realizzare una base viso senza un buon primer che minimizzi i pori e dia alla mia pelle l’effetto airbrush, e lui non mi delude mai!
Stesso discorso per stay don’t stray, lo preferisco al too faced shadow insurance come primer occhi perché gli ombretti aderiscono meglio e ne esalta di più i colori, e lo trovo ottimo anche come correttore o base per correttore sul contorno occhi perché rende la pelle più liscia e non fa andare il correttore nelle pieghette.


Il prossimo prodotto si potrebbe definire vintage, è una cipria illuminante di the body shop, la gold sparkle dust: era una cipria finissima che mi piaceva molto, da usare sul viso o sul corpo, che non aveva glitter ma dava un effetto molto luminoso e scintillante senza risultare eccessiva. Purtroppo non è più in vendita, ma non posso lamentarmi dal momento che mi è durata per anni!

Ultimo prodotto è uno smalto OPI , OPI ink nl 851 : è uno dei primi di questa marca che ho comprato, quindi aveva circa 6-7 anni ed era ancora in ottimo stato! Il colore mi piaceva molto, era un viola scurissimo con microglitter azzurri, fucsia e argento!

e’ tutto per questo mese, ci vediamo il prossimo con altri prodotti finiti!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

World of beauty neroli vivace nuova linea / new line

Hi fairies, I’m very pleased to have the chance to try the new Neroli Vivace line by World of beauty and I’m thrilled to talk about it to...