Wednesday 5 March 2014

Kiko haul: new nail polishes and more!



Hi fairies,

I’ve just received a Kiko order and I thought it was nice to share it with you! I had to try the new kiko nail polishes, cupcake and fancy top coat line, I’m a sucker for nail polishes and most of all for sparkles so I was mesmerized by fancy top coats and I picked three of them, and three of the cupcake series! Let’s have a look at all my goodies without further ado!



The cupcake lines could be labeled as sand effect nail polishes but, in my opinion, they are a bit different from others with that finish: I’m not a lover of sand or sugar effect yet I’m in love with these, because of their very thin texture and also because of the color combo Kiko came up with. They’re filled with matte colored grains for a 3d effect and look!


I’ve got nr 647, a white cream base with  multicolor grains in blue, red and white : I adore this one, so perfect for spring, so romantic and easy to wear!


Next one I’ve got is nr 653 , baby blue base with multicolor grains in dark blu and orange;


Last one is nr 656 pistachio, pistachio green base true to its name with multicolor grains in blue, green and yellow.


I think I’m gonna buy other colors because I’m really satisfied with this finish, with how easy it is to apply them , with how fast they dry and with the final result!

From the fancy top coat line I’ve got three of them as well : I couldn’t miss the one with silver hearts,nr 661, so romantic and sweet! It’s a transparent base , like all of them,with red glitters and silver hearts, you’ll get a decent coverage with one coat and it’s not difficult to pick hearts up with the brush.


Next one I’ve got is nr 664, a transparent base filled with teal glitters, both tiny and chunky ones , and silver stars. I like this one too , they are all full of glitters and as I said one coat is enough to fill in your nails.


Last one is nr 658, with needles shaped glitters in gold and bronze, a combo I haven’t seen often and that’s saying something as I have seen lots of nail polishes, believe me! 


Let’s move on to eyeshadows: I’m not going to praise kiko infinity eyeshadow because I already did that and I don’t want to get boring ( you can check my review here) ,let’s just say my collection is pretty wide: these are the new entries, there are neutral colors I really wanted to have , a satin dark red and a bright satin green I’ve already got in matte version.




I love the baby pink  with subtle sparkles, perfect as highlight or in the inner corner, or even all over the lid to give your eyes a fresh look;

I purchased a cold toned gold and a coppery one, they are both amazing and very pigmented! 








I also bought my first long lasting stick eyeshadow, two actually, and I gave in mostly because of so many positive reviews I’ve read…I got curious and I had to try them! I think I’ll use them as eyeshadow base with pigments and loose eyeshadows , but I might try them on their own as well, and we’ll see if I agree with many of you and I could not live without them anymore!

 I've also picked an eyepencil from Boulevard rock limited edition line, a minty green that matches my favorite eyeshadow! It's super long compared to other eyepencils, it's going to last long!



Last but not least a come in handy lash curler!



Italian version:


Ciao fatine,

Ho appena ricevuto un ordine Kiko e ho voluto immediatamente condividerlo con voi! Volevo assolutamente provare le nuove linee di smalti, la cupcake e la fancy top coat, non so resistere agli smalti e in modo particolare a quelli con i glitter, quindi potete immaginare la mia reazione quando ho visto i fancy top coat: sono rimasta ipnotizzata! Ne ho presi tre, ed altri tre della linea cupcake! Ma vediamo quello che ho comprato senza perderci in ulteriori chiacchiere!

La linea cupcake viene indicata come una linea di smalti matte ad effetto sabbiato,anche se secondo me sono leggermente diversi da altri che ho provato: la finitura è molto fine ed io, che non sono un amante di questo effetto, me ne sono invece innamorata, trovo molto originali gli abbinamenti di colori, e mi piace il fatto che i microgranuli siano veramente piccolissimi.


Ho preso il nr 647, una base crema con granelli multicolori azzurri, rossi e bianchi: secondo me è perfetto per la primavera ed anche per tutti i giorni, lo trovo bellissimo!


Poi ho preso il nr 653, una base carta da zucchero con granelli multicolori blu scuro ed arancioni;


L’ultimo è il nr 656, pistachio, una base color pistacchio appunto, con granelli multicolori azzurri, verdi scuro e gialli.



Credo che ne aggiungerò altri alla lista, dal momento che sono molto soddisfatta dal loro finish, dalla stesura molto agevole, dai tempi di asciugatura rapidi e dal risultato finale!

Della linea fancy top coat ho preso altri tre smalti: non potevo perdermi il nr 661, quello con i cuoricini argento, così romantico e dolce! Sono tutti in base trasparente, questo ha glitter rossi e cuori argento , ed è abbastanza coprente già alla prima passata; i cuori si prendono bene con il pennello, non è difficile applicarli.


Il secondo che ho preso è il nr 664, base trasparente con glitter verde azzurri sia fini che esagonali, e stelline argentate: semplicemente celestiale!


L’ultimo è il nr 658, base trasparente con glitter a forma d’ago in oro e bronzo, un abbinamento che ho visto molto raramente , e credetemi, di smalti ne ho visti tanti!


Passiamo poi agli ombretti: non tesserò le lodi degli infinity perché l’ho già fatto (potete leggere la mia recensione qui) e non voglio risultare noiosa, diciamo solo che ne ho veramente molti: questi sono gli ultimi arrivati, ci sono colori chiari che mi mancavano, un verde brillante satin che ho già in versione matte,  ed un rosso scuro satin.





Mi piace molto il rosa chiarissimo con finissimi glitter argento, perfetto da usare come illuminante o come punto luce nell’angolo interno dell’occhio, ma anche su tutta la palpebra per un trucco velocissimo che “apre” lo sguardo;


ci sono poi due dorati, uno dal sottotono freddo e uno invece più ramato, entrambi bellissimi e brillantissimi!




Ho anche comprato il mio primo long lasting stick eyeshadow, anzi ne ho presi due, e li ho acquistati principalmente per le tante recensioni positive che ho letto: mi sono incuriosita e non avevo altra scelta se non quella di provarli! Penso di usarli come base per ombretti in polvere e pigmenti, ma gli darò una possibilità anche da soli, e vedremo se anche io non potrò più farne a meno!

Ho anche preso una matita della collezione Boulevard Rock, color verde menta da abbinare al mio ombretto preferito, ed è lunghissima rispetto alle normali matite occhi, penso che durerà a lungo! 


E per ultimo un sempre utile piegaciglia!

4 comments:

  1. the polish look so good <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they do they're really cute, I want to buy more colors!

      Delete
  2. gli ombretti mi piacciono molto :)

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

World of beauty neroli vivace nuova linea / new line

Hi fairies, I’m very pleased to have the chance to try the new Neroli Vivace line by World of beauty and I’m thrilled to talk about it to...