Friday 3 January 2014

cities of the world series : London inspired makeup look #1



I’ve decided to start a city series for this month, posting one look every week for a total of four! The idea is to plan and realize other series and I’m open to suggestions so if you’d like to see one just write it in a comment :)
For my city series I have to start with my favourite place of all time, London! I love everything about it, I know every (well..almost!) road, every corner, I love the smell, the colors, the weather , l love the tube, shops, taxis, and I love people yes I do! The first time I set my foot on London streets I thought that was the place I’ve always dreamed of, a place where you could dress and look the way you want and no one would stare, where you can express yourself without being judged and I still love it to these days , even though there are other small towns in Kent or Hampshire that stole my heart …I’m a country girl! But still, London is my favourite city in the whole world!
I used a grey metallic color all over my lid, with just a touch of a lighter one in the inner corner, to represent typical English weather with a grey sky (even though it’s not entirely true, it’s sunny more often than you can imagine) and also the overall general building colors , especially roofs. In the crease l applied a hazelnut brown and to deepen up my crease I added a black eyeshadow and this represents the warmth of some Indian restaurants and also the warm glow of London lamp posts . Under my eye and inside my water line I applied blue to represent the river thames which is the flowing heart of the city .
I hope you like it!



Italian version:
Ho deciso di iniziare una serie dedicata alle città questo mese, e posterò un look a settimana per un totale di Quattro look! Ho in mente di realizzarne altre e accetto suggerimenti, se volete vedere una serie di look e avete un tema preferito scrivetelo nei commenti:)
Per la mia serie dedicata alle città non potevo non cominciare con la mia preferita in assoluto, Londra! Amo tutto di questa città, i colori, il tempo, la metro, i negozi, i taxi, e amo la gente, ebbene sì la amo! La prima volta che sono arrivata a Londra ho pensato che quello era il posto che avevo sempre sognato, un posto dove ci si può vestire e truccare come si vuole senza che nessuno ti fissi e ti guardi come se fossi di un altro pianeta, dove si può esprimere la propria creatività senza essere additati e giudicati, e la mia opinione non è cambiata nel tempo, è ancora la stessa, anche se ci sono dei paesi nel Kent o in Hampshire dove c’è parte del mio cuore…amo la campagna! Ma londra, comunque, resta la mia città preferita!
Ho usato un grigio metallico su tutta la palpebra e ho illuminato l’angolo interno dell’occhio con un grigio leggermente più chiaro, e questo rappresenta il tipico tempo inglese con il cielo grigio ( anche se non è del tutto vero, c’è il sole più spesso di quanto si possa immaginare) e anche il colore d’insieme degli edifici, o meglio dei tetti. Nella piega dell’occhio ho applicato un marrone nocciola con una punta di nero per intensificare lo sguardo, per ricordare il calore di alcuni ristoranti indiani e anche la luce calda dei lampioni londinesi. Sulla palpebra inferiore e all’interno dell’occhio ho applicato un blu intenso che simboleggia il tamigi, il cuore che scorre della città.
Spero vi piaccia!





Products used :
urban decay eyeshadow in naked 2

urban decay eyeshadow in creep

urban decay eyeshadow in faint
 
urban decay eyeshadow in foxy

about face loose pigment in crushed metal

kiko water eyeshadow space charcoal nr 106

kiko eye pencil nr 110

fyrinnae pigment in javan rhino

mac fluidline in deliciously rich

2 comments:

  1. What a neat idea and I heart this first entry, Makeup Fairy. Your eye shadow is sparkly cute and your blue eyeliner is so dramatic!
    I would love to see your take on Tokyo, which is my favorite city in the world, and also Los Angeles (where I live now) and Dublin (where I lived when I was a teenager).
    But I'm sure that whatever city you base your look on, you'll come up with something magical! Can't wait for your next entry...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LA is one of the cities l might do :) dublin would be awesome too, I have to think of the best way to represent it, and Tokyo well that would be fun, I think I might actually do it in a kawaii style !! thanks for the tips :)

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

World of beauty neroli vivace nuova linea / new line

Hi fairies, I’m very pleased to have the chance to try the new Neroli Vivace line by World of beauty and I’m thrilled to talk about it to...